Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Return to the Barrier Peaks

Well.. Hello there.

   About a week ago, I posted about advancing the adventure Expedition to the Barrier Peaks 150 years into the future. I have answered some of the questions, others answers have been maddingly elusive...
While answering those questions, 3 possible storylines have presented themselves, and here they are.

#1: The Liard of the Valley of the Mage learned of the ship and has cleared it out and is utilizing the technology he discovered on board to create an army. The army will be Half-Clockwork Gnomes, magically animated clockwork skeletons of the long dead crew, and magically animated robots. He has moved into the ship and has been making it his new fortress.

#2: The Illithid on the ship did indeed survive. He managed to call the conclave from which he was taken. The conclave sent a Spelljammer ship to his location, and they started a new conclave with Mother Brain. I'm kinda partial to this one, as Illithids are some of my favorite monsters. Lots of potential for this one, though it will end up being a very high level campaign.

#3: The distress call was answered. Another ship has arrived and attempted a rescue. The new ship also suffered damage from the black hole transit, and is crashed a short distance away. This one will probably get converted into a Traveller adventure. It just seems to be a bit too similar to the original adventure to make it interesting. I dug out some notes I had made a few years ago about turning the original ships' demise into a Traveller adventure. I might start tinkering with that again.

   I've been playing with some other ideas as well. If this sparks anything, run with it. I'd love to hear any game ideas you guys come up with. This is a fun project for me, hopefully it's at least a little interesting for you guys too.

Happy Gaming!

No comments:

Post a Comment